Gleneagle Civic Association (GCA) Community Updates April 2023
Posted on Apr 4th, 2023
Most of the information contained in the website is for public consumption. The Member Area provides access to creating ACC project requests, HOA status letter requests, and much more. All additions or changes to your property must be approved by the ACC.
To register for access to the “Member Area” simply click the “Register Link at the top of the gleneaglehoa.org https://gleneaglehoa.org
Once you register you will be able to manage your profile which includes indicating whether or not you want to subscribe to email notifications from the board. Yearly dues notifications will be sent by email if you are registered on the website. Be sure to update your profile if your information has changed.
Dues for GCA:
The yearly dues notices have been sent to all residents. If you have not already paid, please send payments of $60 to: GCA, P.O. BOX 31, Monument, CO 80132.
RBOS (Ray Berg Open Space) Update:
Explore RBOS MAP
and see how all the trails connect. Enjoy the treasures of our open space with magnificent views of the mountains and city.
Erosion control is under way by the foot bridge located at the 9th tee box. We appreciate the volunteers who helped with this ongoing project. As weather permits, more trail construction will continue on the open space.
The three pavilions had new roofs installed on March 22nd. Two are scheduled for repainting in the next few weeks.
Poop containers are located throughout the RBOS for dog walkers to use. Picking up waste from your pet is greatly appreciated by all who enjoy our trail system. With all the wind recently, trash has blown onto the open space. Please help by picking up any trash on your walk, pack it out with you, and do not place in poop containers. Thanks for helping us keep the open space free of litter.
Please do not have your contractors drive on the open space without approval.
Permission must be obtained from RBOS Access firstname.lastname@example.org
to enter the open space if your contractor needs access. All owners are responsible for open space repairs if their contractors do not follow the instructions given by the open space managers.
A friendly reminder that golf carts and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on the open space.
Community Street Signs:
The street signs in our area are being spruced up thanks to Mark Connell and Mark Martin. This process will continue over the next few months.
The annual community garage sale will be held on June 10th in our neighborhood. Look for signs to find your treasures!
Did You Know?
- The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) is tasked with enforcing the construction standards found in the GCA covenants. Since Gleneagle is substantially built out, its primary task now is to review and approve changes to existing homes. Below are some of the common changes that require ACC review and approval:
- Any new sheds,
- Any new fencing and major repairs or replacement of existing fencing,
- Exterior painting, but only in the case of a color change,
- Changes in roofing, but only in the case of a color change or a change in the roofing materials,
- Changes to your outdoor lighting, including soffit lighting now available for existing homes and,
- Changes to landscaping
- Parking is only allowed on concrete or paved areas, not rock or grass.
- Camping trailers and RVs may temporarily park on driveways 3 days before and after each trip, the aggregate not to exceed 9 days per month.
- Commercial vehicles are not allowed to be parked at residential homes.
- Utility trailers must be stored in a garage or properly screened from view.
- Yard maintenance, removing dead trees, shrubs, picking up branches and yard debris, removing over grown weeds from rock areas is required.
- Chickens are not permitted as stated in our covenants.
- Monthly board meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month beginning at 6:30. When the weather is nice, the meeting is held at the Pauma Valley Drive pavilion. During the winter, the meetings are held on zoom. Check the website for the link to join the meeting. Everyone is welcome to join the meeting.
To improve our neighborhood as spring approaches, we ask for all homeowners to look around their house and yard and perform necessary cleanup. Covenant information will continue to be communicated through community updates. The board’s goal is for self-assessment of everyone’s property so covenant violation letters, do not have to be sent.
Do your part. Help keep Gleneagle a great place to live!
Your Volunteer GCA Board